We can't wait to see everyone back in person in the near future!
All members coming to CHF in person will be by appointment only and will be required to fill out a COVID-19 code of conduct. If you would like to fill yours out ahead of time and bring it with you to your appointment, click HERE. You only need to fill this out once.
COVID-19 Vaccine Verification or Proof of a Negative COVID-19 Test Will be Required for Entry to CHF Beginning November 30
To keep our community safe and healthy, beginning Nov. 30 we will be requiring all members and staff to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of entry in order to utilize CHF in-person indoors and in CHF's outdoor exercise space.
One-time proof of vaccination can be provided in the form of:
- Physical immunization card
- Photo of immunization card
- Or a digital vaccine card
If you would like your status to be recorded on your file so you do not need to show it each time, we can enter it into our system, however, your explicit consent for this is required. Please note that Los Angeles County Department of Public Health guidance still requires individuals to wear masks indoors while at CHF. However, masks are not required in our outdoor group fitness setting.
For those who are not vaccinated, CHF will work with members and employees accordingly and will accept proof of a negative COVID-19 test. The test must be taken within 72 hours of accessing CHF and will be valid for one week.
We’d like to remind everyone of the importance of physical activity, good health, and nutrition in maintaining your overall health and supporting your immune system whether it be inside or outside CHF. We are committed to following all local guidelines in order to keep our doors open to all our members because we believe providing a space for the development of your physical and mental well-being is an essential service.
On January 1, 2022, all memberships classified as on Freeze (inactive) will reactivate, and these members will be charged full dues on January 3rd for the access membership type they had before their membership was placed on hold.
Please know that we will do our best to accommodate each and every member as they return to CHF and have outlined your options below.
- To start using the club, anytime on or after January 1, 2022, visit this link to set up your CHF reservation account and book an appointment: Get Moving
- If at this time you choose to cancel your membership, simply provide 30-days notice via email, phone, or in-person. Any credits on your account will be issued in a check. The check will be processed within 2 weeks after receiving a notice and mailed to the address on your account unless you provide us with different instructions.
I invite you to contact Cindy Foster, general manager, at 310-374-3426, ext. 103 with any additional questions.
FAQ About Reopening CHF
- Please set up your free online account to make an appointment
- Click here to learn how to set up your account and make a reservation
- Once you setup a profile:
- To complete your reservation select "Register as unpaid"
- To reserve your spot, select "Sign Up Now"
- Select the "Gym Reservations" tab to see available reservations
- Personal Training
- Small Group Training
- Private Pilates
- Indoor Workout Equipment Reservations
- Outdoor Group Exercise Classes
- Indoor Classes
- Gym Capacity Limits: There will be no capacity limits in the main gym area
- Class Capacity Limits: Will remain in place and posted in the MindBody reservation system
- Distancing: 6 ft. distancing will be implemented in classrooms
- Reservation System: Members will continue to be required to make appointments with 2 hour workout limits through the MindBody scheduling system until further notice
- Indoor Gym Floor Exercise Equipment Reservations (first come, first served)
- Outdoor Group Exercise Classes
- Indoor Group Exercise Classes
- Virtual Classes
- Auto billing will be reinstated beginning May 2 ONLY if you opt to re-start your membership
- If you have a credit on your account, it will be applied before billing resumes
- Screening before members go inside, including temperature checks, a verbal screening questionnaire, vaccination status and appointment confirmation. Members will also be required to sign a new code of conduct to ensure the safety of all members and staff. Face masks are required and will be available if you need one.
- Physical distancing stickers have been installed around the facility, along with hand sanitizer stations, gym wipes, and plexi glass between members and staff at check in.
- Fewer machines will be available to allow for physical distancing. Cardio guards, which offer a divider between workout machines, are in place.
- CHF will utilize cleaning products that kill the COVID-19 virus. Staff will clean all equipment after each use. In addition, an outside cleaning company will clean every hour CHF is open, as well as before CHF opens and after it closes. Members are also asked to wipe down machines after use.
- Members will be required to wear a face mask while at CHF and bring their own water and towel.
- An air purifier is located in the massage room and new filters have been installed in the HVAC system throughout the facility.
- Restrooms continue to be open
- CHF staff will arrange for proper PPE disposal for any protective gear worn by employees.
- We continue to follow the Medical Fitness Association guidelines under our certification as a Medical Fitness Facility as well as the guidelines set by the L.A. County Department of Public Health. We are also under the guidance of Beach Cities Health District Chief Medical Advisor Dr. William Kim.